Bethel Agricultural Association (Canada) Inc.
Bethel Agricultural Association (Canada) Inc. (BAAC) was established in 2020 as a federally incorporated non-profit corporation in Canada. Brent Lyons, Awegechew Teshome, and Warren Dick founded BAAC and are on the BAAC Board. In 2021, Elaine Bombay joined the BAAC Board as well. The BAAC office is located in Manitoba, Canada.
Bethel Agricultural Association (Canada) Inc. will work closely with organizations in the United States and in Ethiopia that have similar goals. Specifically, the Articles of Incorporation for BAAC state the purposes of the corporation are as follows:
- to advance education
- by establishing and operating a public post-secondary school for Ethiopian National and international students specializing in the fields of agriculture and environmental stewardship;
- by providing training programs to members of the Ethiopian national community, and international communities, to advance knowledge and abilities in the area of agricultural and environmental stewardship,
- to relieve poverty by providing basic necessities of life including food, clean water, clothing, and/or shelter to individuals or families who are poor, of low income, or in need,
- to advance religion by adhering to the religious tenets, doctrines, and observances associated with the Christian faith through the above purposes,
- to protect the environment by virtue of the purposes stated in paragraph (a) above,
- to promote health by virtue of the purposes stated in paragraphs (a) and (b) above, and
- to undertake activities ancillary and incidental to the attainment of the foregoing charitable purposes.
For more information, contact Brent Lyons, PAg, BAAC President (email@example.com).